North Warwickshire Borough Council

Council services by

or by most popular

Bulky Collections and Pest Control Services before Christmas

Bulky collections booked on Friday 19 Dec will be collected on Monday 22 December. No Pest Control appointments will be booked in until 5 January 2015 onwards.

Licensing and registration

Skip operator registration

View pages in this section

Licence summary

If you operate a skip hire business or own skips, you need a permit from the local authority to put a builder's skip on a public road. The authority registers operators who wish to hire out skips to the building trade or the public that may be placed on the public road.

Eligibility Criteria

No provision in legislation

Regulation Summary

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence

Application Evaluation Process

The operator will need to carry adequate public liability insurance and be a registered waste carrier.

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period


No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from the local authority within a reasonable period, please contact it.

Apply online

Apply for a licence to place a skip in the road

Extend or renew your existing licence to place a skip in the road

Failed Application Redress

Please contact your Local Authority in the first instance.

Licence Holder Redress

Please contact your Local Authority in the first instance.

Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Other Redress

E.g. about noise, pollution, etc. Also should one licence holder complain about another.

Trade Associations

Builders Merchants Federation (BMF)

Construction Equipment Association (CEA)

Construction Plant-hire Association (CPA)


Address: Licensing, North Warwickshire Borough Council, South Street, Atherstone , Warwickshire, CV9 1DE

Tel: 01827 715341

Email: licensing@nort

All content © 2014 North Warwickshire Borough Council. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Jadu Content Management