Life can be full of hardships and sometimes people need some support to help them through difficult times. In particular finding oneself facing homelessness is a reality that could happen to anyone - a reality we want to help people avoid by giving them the right advice and assistance as soon as possible. Don't wait until you are homeless before asking us for advice.
We can give you advice and information that may help prevent you from becoming homeless. Our aim is to get involved as soon as we can and help to prevent people from losing their homes.
We can give advice on a range of circumstances that might be affecting you and causing you to worry that you may become homeless such as:
If your relationship has broken down
If you are privately renting & your landlord who has asked you to leave
If you can't afford a deposit to rent a home from a private landlord
If you are experiencing domestic abuse or harassment
If you are having difficultly paying your rent
If you can't afford to pay your mortgage
- Not having a permanent place to live
- Not getting on with the people you live with
- Being asked to leave accommodation
- Problems maintaining a tenancy
- Advice on private renting including paying rent and the Rent Deposit Scheme
- Information on the Council's housing register including how to join
- Problems with landlords or tenants
- Eviction - being threatened with eviction by your landlord
- Information on the Homebuy products including what used to be called Shared Ownership
- Domestic Abuse
We will discuss your circumstances with you and give you confidential, independent and professional advice to help you find solutions. The help given will depend on your individual circumstances, but may include:
Providing advice about your rights as a Tenant
Signposting you to other related agencies
Speaking with your Landlord on your behalf if you are having difficulties
Helping you with your rent deposit if you meet our criteria
Providing immediate refuge if you are experiencing domestic abuse
The Mortgage Rescue Scheme may help if you are a homeowner & are threatened with repossession
We work with agencies such as Social Services, Housing Associations, Citizens Advice Bureaux, Doorway Young Persons Services and other agencies offering housing support and many others to try and tackle housing problems.
If you apply to us as homeless, a housing advisor will interview you to find out about your housing situation and other circumstances. We will inform you whether or not we have a duty to re-house you and will give you further advice and assistance.
Please contact the Council's Housing Advice and Options Service if you do need help and advice on any housing issues.
- Online form
- Telephone: 01827 719314
- Write to: North Warwickshire Borough Council, The Council House South Street, Atherstone Warwickshire CV9 1DE
- Email: email@example.com
Send your feedback
Other Support Agencies Contact details for other housing support services
Please read through our homelessness pages for:
- The legal definition of homelessness
- A guide to what to do if you need help & advice
- An outline of the advice & support available to young people
- A guide to the support services you can access
- Our homelessness strategy to prevent homelessness & support vulnerable households to access housing
Please read this leaflet for more information on how the Housing Advice and Options Service can help you.