Local Land Charges
About Local Land Searches and Fees
The Local Land Charges Service is available for those purchasing property or land within the Borough of North Warwickshire. The purpose of the service is to disclose to the vendor/purchaser, information which may affect the property/land. The Section maintains a register and obtains information from the relevant departments of the Council in order to complete a Search.
The Local Land Search is in two parts:
- The LLC1, which is the legal certificate relating to all registerable charges.
- The CON29R (2007) is a standard form, which deals with all enquiries relating to planning, highways and environmental history, which may affect the property/land.
Submission of Searches
Search requests should include the following:
- An accurate full postal address or plot number of new developments
- Two plans based on Ordnance Survey maps showing the boundary of the property/land to be searched against, clearly marked in red. If plans are NOT submitted the Local Land Charges Section reserves the right to return the search
- The appropriate fee/cheque made payable to North Warwickshire Borough Council
- Your full return postal address in the box provided on the form LLC1. All searches are returned by first class post.
North Warwickshire Borough Council is fully integrated with the National Land Information Service (NLIS) Level3, and is able to accept and return searches electronically. We also accept, and return, searches online via the TM Searches hub.
We aim to return domestic and commercial searches within 5 working days.
Any person may make a personal search of the Local Land Charges Register. When booking a Personal Search we ask for 5 full working days notice so that we can ensure all the relevant records are up to date. This is also inline with the time taken to process an Official search. There is no fee for a Personal Search.
We have tasked our LLC Officer with electronically capturing our paper records, in order to make them more accessible under EIR for the future.
Other information to complete the CON29(R) form is available from a variety of sources (generally free of charge), please see our information note on Personal Searches in North Warwickshire for full details.
Domestic and Commercial Search Fees (effective from 1st April 2013)
|Type of request||Price (inclusive of VAT)|
|Standard Local Land Search including LLC1||£112.00 (each Additional Parcel £11)|
|LLC1 Official Search (including certificate)||£30.50 (each Additional Parcel £3.00)|
|CON29R/O or Additional Questions (when submitted separately to a search)||£17 for the first question, £1.00 for each subsequent question|
|CON29R/O or Additional Questions (when submitted with a CON29 and/or LLC1)||£1.00 per question|
|Personal Searches (with appropriate notice)||Free of Charge|
|Registered Common Land and Town or Village Green Enquiry when submitted with a Search (when requested in isolation, this should be done via Warwickshire County Council)||£11|
We accept payment by card and cheque, with cheques made payable to 'North Warwickshire Borough Council'.
Highway questions should be made directly to Warwickshire County Council.