To avoid blocking the A5 Dordon black bins will be collected Friday when the pathway repairs are completed. Please make sure your bins are out at 06:45am.
Contacting us in an emergency
Please be prepared to wait in a queue if you really need to speak to us over the phone 01827 715341 Mon-Fri 08:30 - 17:15; we're really busy in bad weather. You can also use our online forms
**Out of office hours emergencies call 01827 718086**
School closures info from Warwickshire County Council
Council Service Information
The information below is to inform you of any problems with our services during our working days/hours and will be updated during snow. For our opening times please visit our contact us page.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Updated at 12:50 13th November 2013<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
|Department||Working/Not Working/Limited Service|
|Council Offices, One Stop Shop and Contact Centre||Working|
|Rubbish||Working. Find out why we can't collect during some snow and icy conditions.|
|Flytipping||Working Report Flytipping, Litter or Graffiti|
|Litter and litter bins||Working Report Flytipping, Litter or Graffiti|
|Small mechanical road/street sweeper||Not Working|
|Atherstone Leisure Centre||OPEN - If weather conditions worsen pls ring ahead before visiting on 01827 722198|
|Arley Sports Centre||OPEN - If weather conditions worsen pls ring ahead before visiting on 01676 541867|
|Coleshill Leisure Centre||Open - If weather conditions worsen pls ring ahead before visiting on 01675 466022|
|Polesworth Sports Centre||OPEN - If weather conditions worsen pls ring ahead before visiting on 01827 894091|
|Council Owned Car Parks||Working|
|Mechanical carriageway sweepers||Working|
|Revenues and Benefits||Working|
|Neighbourhood wardens and Floating Support Officers||Working|
|Cesspool and Septic Tank||Working|
|Housing Repairs||Housing repairs working - Report Repair Form, during office hours to 01827 719299, Out of office hours Emergency Repairs ONLY 01827 718086|
|Borough Care||operating as normal Tel 01827 711560|
|Social Care||The latest information on how the weather has affected social care can be found on Warwickshire County Council Weather Updates page|
|Revenues and Benefits||Working|
- During snow flooding can also occur please see our Flooding pages for information and advice.
- Frozen Heating Pipes - how to thaw them yourself
Gritting, Roads, Paths, Car Parks, Drainage Crew
Please be aware that during winter weather, extreme care should be taken even when roads have been gritted as even this will not ensure that they are entirely free of ice.
- Latest winter roads maintenance and gritting information
- Primary Gritting Routes in Warwickshire
- Schools Schools are only gritted if they are already on the agreed gritting routes
- Grit bins - Warwickshire County Council is responsible for ensuring the roads are gritted but does not provide grit bins.
- Rural Areas - Parish Councils can provide grit bins in locations which have been agreed with the County Council as highway authority and the County Council will replenish these as and when resources are available after the primary routes have been gritted.
- Urban Areas - Similarly in urban areas Residents Associations and Town Councils have provided grit bins which the County Council will replenish.
- Private Purchase - Members of the public can purchase grit bins but must get permission from the County Council as highway authority for their location.
What about replenishing these? - The location of bins is strictly controlled and they tend to be authorised on estate roads, mainly cul-de-sacs, where drivers have no other way of exiting the road, which are away from precautionary gritted routes and have a steep incline.
Adding new roads
To have a road added to the gritting route an application should be made in writing to the area office and it will have to show some connectivity to the existing route.
|(North Warwickshire, Nuneaton and Bedworth, and Rugby Boroughs)
North Area Office
Coleshill Heath Road
B46 3HL Telephone: 01926 412515
Fax: 01675 463058
Winter Driving Advice from RoSPA.
The latest information on how the weather has affected social care can be found on Warwickshire County Council Weather Updates page
Updates on any changes to courses, because of winter weather, will appear here.