Cold Weather Advice
When temperatures fall close to or below freezing, research shows that many conditions, such as respiratory diseases, are made worse and the number of strokes and heart attacks peak some days later. Vulnerable people are particularly at risk during cold spells.
Hypothermia is a condition that occurs when your body temperature falls below normal levels because of the cold, and people die every year at home because they are not warm enough.
If you are worried about a relative or an elderly neighbour, contact your local council and let them know.
- Cold Weather Alerts - Met Office
- Very Cold Weather Advice from NHS Choices
- Cold Weather Payment information (pensions and retirement planning section) GOV.uk
- Winter Fuel Payment information (pensions and retirement planning section) GOV.uk
- Age UK
- Weather Forecast for the West Midlands - Met Office
- Cold Weather Plan - Department of Health