Refuse & Recycling collections operating as normal on Bank Holiday Monday and Tuesday (27th and 28th May). Council Offices are CLOSED Monday and Tuesday. Leisure Centres CLOSED Monday only.
Change of Circumstances
Reporting a change of circumstances
If you don't tell us about a change, and we pay you too much benefit, you may have to pay it back.
You must tell us about the following changes:
Changes to the money you get
- If you start or stop getting Income Support, Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit and/or Savings Credit), Jobseekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Incapacity Benefit.
- If you start or stop getting Working Tax Credit and/or Child Tax Credit.
- If the money you or your partner gets, such as wages or any other benefits or allowances, increases or decreases.
- If the money your non-dependents get increases or decreases.
If there are any other changes in the money that anyone in your home receives. For example, if a child starts getting Disability Living Allowance.
Changes in your home
- If you change address.
- If the number of people in your home changes - for example a non-dependents leaves or joins.
- If any of your children finish full-time education.
- If anyone in your home starts work.
- If someone has a baby.
- If you or your partner are admitted to hospital or a nursing home.
- If there is a change in the amount of rent you pay to a private landlord.
- If you or your partner become a student.
- If the amount of savings or capital you or your partner have changes.
You do not have to tell us about changes in ages, as we have this information already.
All changes must be reported to us immediately. Please note that is an offence to make false statements or knowingly fail to declare changes likely to affect benefit entitlement. The Council will take action to prosecute those committing fraud.
Change of Address
Go to our I am moving page to tell all the departments at the Council and other organisations such as electricity and gas suppliers etc that you have moved in one free and easy go.