Local Plan for North Warwickshire
Core Strategy (DPD)
The Core Strategy forms a key part of the Local Plan (formerly the Local Development Framework (LDF) for North Warwickshire . It contains a vision and strategic objectives for the Borough, as well as Core Policies that will set the basis for directing development for the next 15 to 20 years.
Eventually it will comprise of a series of Development Plan Documents (DPDs) and Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs). Local communities and Parish Councils may also wish to prepare Neighbourhood Plans. All of these will need to be consistent, in their policies and proposals, with the Core Strategy.
The Core Strategy has now been submitted for examination. This is where the final version, accommodating any significant changes following issues raised through publication consultation, is submitted to the Secretary of State before proceeding to examination. Following the submission of the Core Strategy, an examination in public will be held to assess the 'soundness' of the document. This is usually conducted via public inquiry, at a date to be confirmed, and following this the Inspector will produce a report. This report may contain a number of binding recommendations on the changes that should be made to the Core Strategy. These will be incorporated into the document before adoption. After making changes in line with the recommendations contained within the Inspector's Report, the Council will formally adopt the Core Strategy.
The Core Strategy will form part of the Council's emerging Local Plan (formerly known as the Local Development Framework) and when adopted will replace, in part, the North Warwickshire Local Plan 2006.
The production of the Core Strategy relies on an evidence base relating to the sustainability, viability and social, economic and environmental impacts of the policies proposed. A glossary explaining the terms used in the Core Strategy is also available.
The Core Strategy has been through various stages and consultations:
- PRE-SUBMISSION VERSION - The Council agreed its pre-submission version of the Core Strategy in autumn 2012. Prior to submitting the document to Government there was one final consultation period, which ended on 20th December 2012. The comments received and responses made can be viewed here.
- DRAFT PRE-SUBMISSION - The draft Pre-Submission version of the Core Strategy consultation ended on 23rd August 2012 and comments and responses can be viewed here.
- DRAFT CORE STRATEGY - This document included the preferred Option and strategic policies for the Borough and the consultation ran from 20th October until 12th January 2012 and can be viewed here. Following on from the consultation, the comments received and responses made can be viewed here.
- ISSUES AND OPTIONS CONSULTATION - The first stage in the preparation of the Core Strategy was the Issues and Options Consultation, which identified the key issues that we believe need to be addressed in planning the Borough over the next 15 years.
Pages in Local Plan for North Warwickshire
- What is the Local Plan?
- Local Development Scheme (LDS)
- Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
- You are here: Core Strategy (DPD)
- Other Development Plan Documents
- Supplementary Planning Documents
- Regional Spatial Strategy (RSS)
- Annual Monitoring Report
- Evidence Base
- Neighbourhood Planning
- Core Strategy Examination