What is the Local Plan for North Warwickshire
What is the Local Plan?
The Local Plan was submitted for Examination on Tuesday 27th March 2018. The Examination has now ended and the Inspector has issued his final report. This report and further information can be found on our Examination Page
Other relevant documents
- Local Development Scheme (LDS) - this sets out the 3 year rolling timetable for the production of the Local Plan for North Warwickshire.
- Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) - this document will set out how the Council will consult the general public on the different parts of the Local Plan for North Warwickshire. After going through various stages of consultation The SCI was officially adopted on Wednesday 25 April 2007
- Design Briefs - these give more specific guidance on the development of particular sites.
- Annual Monitoring Report (AMR) - these reports set out the extent to which policies contained within the LDDs are being achieved and to ensure that the LDS is being implemented.
- Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) - these are similar in nature to the current Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) that has been prepared by the Council. SPDs are and will be consistent with and expand on existing policies within the Local Plan 2006 and DPDs.
- Published Documents - these are documents that are relevant to Planning policy documents
The production of an Local Plan relies on evidence relating to the sustainability, viability and the social, economic and environmental impacts of the policies proposed. The following documents form the evidence base for the Local Plan
Sustainability Appraisal/Strategic Environmental Assessment
The Sustainability Appraisal (SA) is a process which examines the social, environmental and economic effects of the strategies and policies in DPDs to ensure that the decisions made accord with sustainable development. When an SA is carried out on certain plans, it must also meet the requirements the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Directive (2001/42/EC). This Directive ensures that environmental effects of strategies and policies are also carefully assessed.
Habitat Regulations Assessment
The Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) examines the effects of the strategies and policies in Development Plan Documents (DPDs) to ensure that the decisions made accord with the Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010. More importantly it will determine whether any of the policies being considered for the Core Strategy are likely to have a significant effect on any Special Area of Conservation (SAC), Special Protection Area (SPA) or Ramsar site, and thus if a full Appropriate Assessment under the Regulations is required.
Core Strategy 2014
Current status and view the Local Plan 2006
The North Warwickshire Local Plan was adopted on 4 July 2006.
All but Core Policies 4, 7 and 9 were saved under Direction from the Secretary of State, and will be replaced as work progresses on the new Local Plan for North Warwickshire. The Core Strategy was adopted on 9th October 2014 and replaces some of the saved Policies of the Local Plan 2006. The Borough Council are now working on a new Local Plan and when adopted this will replace the saved Policies of the 2006 Local Plan.
The team currently has 5 members of staff:
Forward Planning and Economic Strategy Manager - Dorothy Barratt
- Telephone: 01827 719250
- E-mail: email@example.com
Senior Planning Policy Officer - Mike Dittman
- Telephone: 01827 719451
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heritage and Conservation Officer - Fiona Wallace
- Telephone 01827 719475
- E-mail: FionaWallace@NorthWarks.gov.uk
Planning Policy Assistant - Sue Wilson
- Telephone: 01827 719499
- E-mail: email@example.com
Planning Information Officer - Tracey Curran
- Telephone: 01827 719456
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated Wednesday, 21st July 2021