What is the Local Plan for North Warwickshire
Self Build and Custom Build Register
Please note we do not currently have a Brownfield register - this is currently being developed
North Warwickshire Borough Council is undertaking an assessment of the level of demand for self-build and custom build housing development in the area.
Self and custom build have been defined as:
- Self-build - projects where individuals or groups directly organise the design and construction of their new home(s)
- Custom build – project where individuals or groups work with a specialist developer to help deliver their new home(s)
If you are interested in the idea of building your own home, the council is asking you to take part in this process, which will help it to develop housing and planning policies to support the kind of self and custom build projects that would be most appropriate for this area.
We intend to create a register of those people interested in self or custom build homes in accordance with the requirements of the Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015.
- At this stage, you are not making any commitment – the council is just trying to find out how much local demand there is for self-build housing.
- In preparing this register, the council are making no commitment to provide self-build or custom build plots.
- In submitting this form, you are agreeing that the council can use the data you provide to understand the demand for custom build and self-build housing.
- Personal details included on the register will not be made public, but anonymised headline data extracted from it may be published (i.e. overall numbers of registered entries for various categories, geographical areas of interest, types of housing sought etc.).
- If you do not want your personal contact details held on the register, please indicate this on the form below. The council will not continue to contact you about self and custom build issues – in this case, should you remain interested in self- and custom build, please visit the council’s website periodically to check for further developments or information.
- Your remaining information as submitted will be used by the council for strategic planning, information and statistical purposes only.
The Form for registration of interest is available to download.
Please e-mail this form in the first instance to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or print off and send to:Forward Planning Team, North Warwickshire Borough Council, The Council House, South Street, Atherstone, CV9 1DE
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) exemptions
There are certain exemptions from the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) for self and custom build projects. Details of these can be found on the government's Planning Portal. Should you wish to claim these exemptions, you will need to complete a declaration, subject to any further guidance/legislation the government may issue, as set out on this online form.
Link to national planning guidance paragraph 135 – exemption to CIL payments
Last updated Monday, 12th February 2018