Tips for filling in our application form
Completing Your Application Form
As it takes a while to complete this application form, you are required to create an online account. Your application can be SAVED to your account and submitted once complete. The application MUST not be submitted after the closing date, any applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
If you have a disability that prevents you from completing the form, please contact the Human Resource section on 01827 719347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The job application and recruitment monitoring form must be fully completed; you cannot move to the next section until the current section is complete.
Tips for completing the Additional Information section
The decision to select you for interview will be based on how closely you meet the essential criteria shown on the *person specification.
- You should show how your skills or experience match the essential criteria shown on the person specification.
- Use this as a guide to what skills and experience you need to have. These may have been gained from paid work, voluntary or leisure activities, work in the home, training and education
- If you feel that you meet any of the desirable criteria highlight these too
- You might find it helpful to do a rough draft first
- Try to organise your information into clear, concise points to demonstrate that you have the skills we are looking for
- Accurate spelling, punctuation and grammar help to make a good impression
- Highlight your transferable skills
- The tasks that you have performed in the past may not be exactly the same as those in the job for which you are applying, but the skills you use to carry out the tasks are likely to be the same. Example - you may be applying for a job in an office that requires you to have the ability to work under pressure and respond to the needs of the customer. Although you have not done this in an office environment you may have worked in a busy restaurant where you did work under pressure and responded to the needs of the customer
Recruitment monitoring form - Equal Opportunities Form
The information you provide on the recruitment monitoring form is confidential and will not be seen by the selection panel or play any part in the selection decision. It will be used as part of aggregated statistics for monitoring purposes only, in order to measure the effectiveness of the Council's equal opportunities and recruitment policies.
Paper Application Form
Complete the application form (use black ink if completing the form by hand). If you have a disability that prevents you from completing the form please contact the Human Resource section on 01827 719347 or email email@example.com.
The Recruitment Monitoring Form must be completed in full.
Add your initial and surname to any additional sheets.
Return your completed application form and recruitment monitoring form by email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the address shown on the job advert by the stated closing date.
*person specification can be downloaded from the online job advert page
Last updated Wednesday, 24th October 2018