Applying for Council housing
How to fill in your application
Creating a Self Service Account
To create a Self Service Account you will need an email address. If you don't have an email address you can get one from Google - opens in a new window.
You can create a Self Service Account here - opens in a new window.
Starting a Housing Application
- Login to your Self Service Account - opens in a new window. You can reset your password if necessary.
- Then click on the Services tab if you're using a computer or click on Home then Services if using a phone or tablet. see examples below
View on a computer
View on a smartphone or tablet
- Click on 'Housing Application' from the list provided and complete your application. You don't have to complete the application in 1 go; you can SAVE* at any time and come back to complete it later.
You may be asked to upload evidence (photograph or scan) to support your application, such as:
- Driving licence
- Birth Certificates
- National Insurance Number
- Benefits letters
- Child Benefit letter
- Wage slips
- Employment contracts
- Bank statements
- Gas, electric or water bill
- Council Tax bill
- Doctor or hospital letters
- 10 year address history including landlord or housing association contact details etc.
- Immigration status, if applicable
- Local connection details
|Warning, very important!|
Only upload the evidence we have requested.
We WILL NOT process your application until ALL the CORRECT evidence requested has be received.
Supplying INCORRECT EVIDENCE WILL DELAY the processing of your application.
*Completing a SAVED application
- Login to your Self Service Account You can reset your password if necessary
- Click on ‘My Requests’
- Click on green ‘Continue’ button to carry on with your application
I can't Submit my application
You will not be able to Submit (send) us your application until you have completed every mandatory question and uploaded all the evidence we need. A mandatory question is a question that MUST be answered and has a * next to it. ALL TABS/PAGE NAMES need to be GREEN, this indicates the form is complete. If you have a tab/page name that is RED it means something needs completing on that page,
In the example below, Home Location, About this Application and Agreement are GREEN and have all been completed correctly, but Applicant Details is RED so needs completing. National Insurance, BLUE, is the page you're currently completing and Tenancy and Criminal Convictions and Complaints, BLACK, has not been looked at yet.
To return to a RED page to complete it, simply click on the RED page name.
Uploading Images of evidence
You can upload images whose name ends in .gif .jpeg .jpg .jpe .pdf and .png
You can photograph evidence such as birth certificates, passports and driving licences etc. or for evidence like bank statements you can download them and Upload them into the form.
If your phone or tablet asks you what file size to use, choose Medium please.
If you do not have a way of photographing your evidence, you can come to the Council House in Atherstone where there is a Tablet you can use. You will need to login to your account as normal, go to the page where the evidence is needed, click 'Upload......', place your evidence under the Tablet until it's in focus and follow the instructions.
Last updated Wednesday, 16th November 2022