You are here:

Housing compliments and complaints

Compliments and complaints about housing

We always try to get things right first time and give the best service possible. There may be times when you feel this hasn't happened. If so, we want to hear about it. We can then make sure that we improve our services to you in the future.

We've set up a procedure to help us deal with any complaints you might have.

First, let us know. If you are not happy with something we have done or not done, please contact us either by using our online form, in writing, email visiting the office or telephone on 01827 715341. Explain why you are not happy with the service and we will investigate your issues. We will work to address your complaint at first contact where possible.

Stage one - Dealing with your complaint

If you are still not happy we will follow the following stages:

  • Your complaint will be acknowledged within 2 working days by phone where possible and confirmed in writing.
  • Meet with you to discuss your complaint
  • Write a full response to you or update you within 10 working days

Stage two - If you are still dissatisfied

A Senior Officer within the Division will:

  • Contact you within 2 working days
  • Meet with you to discuss your complaint
  • Write a full response to you or update you within 20 working days
  • Send you details of the Council's formal complaints procedure

A Senior Officer of the section concerned will:

  • Acknowledge your complaint in writing/ telephone within 5 working days
  • We will send you a full report within 20 working days

Once your complaint has been dealt with we will contact you for your comments/improvement to the complaints process, your views are important and will help shape the service you’re received.


There are various forms of action we can take to put things right if we have made a mistake. We can:

  • Make an apology
  • Carry out work, such as repairs
  • Reconsider a decision
  • Improve procedures and train staff.

Home - Housing Ombudsman (

Housing Ombudsman Service

81 Aldwych

Telephone : 0300 111 3000 (lines are open Monday to Friday from 9:15 to 17:15)

Fax : 020 7831 1942

Email :

Getting help from the Ombudsman

There a number of ways to make a complaint to us. The best way is by completing one of our complaint forms online or you can download one and send it to us, this gives us permission to contact the landlord. If you have a query or want to check something before making a complaint to us we would welcome your phone call. You can also complain by letter or phone but we must have your signed permission to contact the landlord before we can consider the complaint further. We consider how to respond based on the circumstances of each individual complaint. We will usually contact both parties to explore how the complaint can be resolved locally.

Last updated Thursday, 1st June 2023

Was this information useful?

You said, we did