Help with money and debt
Money management and dealing with debt
Managing your money can be a difficult enough job at the best of times. The services listed below will give you support and advice on dealing with day to day financial issues such as:
- Budgeting and managing finances
- Dealing with debt
- Mortgages and loans
- Savings and investments
- Citizens Advice Bureau – Money Management - advice on managing debt, bankruptcy, mortgage problems, credit problems, bailiffs, debt management companies, court action for debt and budgeting.
- National Debtline - gives free, confidential and independent advice to people with debt problems.
- Step Change - is a national debt help charity who offer free advice to help people who are in financial difficulty. They are the Citizens Advice Bureau’s preferred partner for debt management plans and they are endorsed by the Archbishop of Canterbury. They provide free, independent and realistic advice on personal budgeting, use of credit and dealing with debt problems including debt repayment.
- The Debt Support Trust - is a registered charity who can give you expert debt advice and support if you are struggling to manage your debts.
- Age UK – Money Matters - Independent money management and benefits advice for older people
- Money Saving Expert, Martyn Lewis - MoneySavingExpert.com is the UK’s biggest consumer website dedicated to cutting your bills. It focuses on finding deals, saving cash and campaigning for financial justice.
- Money Advice Service - An independent service, set up by Government, to help people make the most of their money. The service provides free, unbiased money advice to everyone across the UK – online, over the phone and face to face. It provides advice on issues such as credit cards and loans, mortgages and homes, insurance, pensions and retirement, savings and investments, tax and benefits.
- This Way to a Better Credit Score
- How to choose a bank account
- How to open a bank account
- How to make payments using your bank account
- How to use your bank account to make budgeting easier
- Worried about paying your rent?
- Christians Against Poverty - provides advice to people who are in debt. Call 0800 328 0006 to access a debt coach.
- Debt Advice Foundation - offers free, confidential advice on any aspect of debt.
Last updated Tuesday, 29th September 2020