Help with money and debt
Financial help for people affected by disability
If you or a member of your family has a disability, there are a number of benefits and other forms of financial help which you may be able to apply for. This section also includes information on:
- whether you or members of your family are eligible for specific financial help.
- how to claim and when to claim benefits and grants.
- how different benefits are paid.
Disabled facilities grants are managed by Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council
If you would like an assessment for a grant please contact the Housing Assessment Team on 02476 376 294 or e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Citizens’ Advice Bureau – Benefits for people who are sick or disabled – gives information about the benefits and tax credits that you or a member of your family may be entitled to.
- Gov.uk – Financial Help for Disabled People – includes information about Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Incapacity Benefit, tax relief and other deductions that you may be able to claim if you or another family member has a disability.
- Contact a Family – Benefits for looking after a disabled child – gives details of benefits and tax credits that you may be entitled to if you are looking after a disabled child, how they are paid and when to claim them.
- Gov.uk – direct payments – Arranging your own care and services – Direct payments are made by councils to people receiving social care services instead of the council providing the service directly. This link tells you more about whether you can get direct payments, what they can be used for and how to apply for them.
- Family Fund – The Family Fund supports families caring for children under 16 who are severely disabled or seriously ill. They provide grants and information to make life easier and more enjoyable for the disabled child and their family.
- https://www.gov.uk/dla-disability-living-allowance-benefit is a new website set up to help with enquiries about Disability Living Allowance claims that are due to swap to Personal Independence Payments.
Last updated Tuesday, 29th September 2020