Your home including repairs
Maintaining your home
These pages cover the maintenance of and improvements to your home. It summarises what you are responsible for as a tenant, what we are responsible for as the landlord and what you should do if you need a repair.
In general, you are responsible for looking after your home and ensuring it remains in a good condition. This includes:
- internal decorating and minor plaster cracks
- maintaining your garden, if you have one
- responsibility for minor fittings such as light bulbs, plugs, fuses, door handles and toilet seats
- maintaining any equipment or improvements to your home that you have installed, such as a TV aerial or satellite dish
- repairs to your own appliances, including external items such as fencing
These are illustrative examples of the kinds of things that you are responsible for. They are not a complete list of your responsibilities. Please refer to your tenancy agreement for more details or download a copy of our Landlord and Tenant responsibilities. If you have a problem and are not sure whether it is your responsibility or ours, please contact us using the details below.
You are responsible for ensuring that you, your pets, other members of your household and your visitors do not cause any damage to your home. If you do damage the property, we may charge you for the cost of carrying out any repairs that are needed as a result.
Last updated Monday, 8th February 2016