You are here:

Squatters or unauthorised occupants

How to report squatters or unauthorised occupants

The local authority deals with squatters and unauthorised occupants in council property and will take action against a person who is squatting or who has unauthorised occupants in empty properties.

Empty council properties are usually awaiting repair, redecoration or re-letting and we are keen to ensure they stay empty so that someone on the waiting list has the opportunity to find a home.

If you are concerned that a council property has been occupied by someone illegally, contact the council using the details shown below.

Email: Telephone: 01827 715341

Last updated Tuesday, 26th January 2016

Was this information useful?

You said, we did