Submitting a planning application
Householder planning application form
Complete the relevant form to apply for a planning application for works or an extension to an existing dwelling:
- Household application form and Guidance help note for household application
- Householder application form for works to a dwelling and demolition in the Conservation Area and Guidance help note for dwelling and demolition in Conservation area
- Householder application form for works to a Listed Building and Guidance help note for listed building
The Council encourages the submission of planning applications using the Planning Portal.
Before you begin you should read more about:
- Planning Guidance - Householder Development
- The planning application process
- Pre-application planning advice
- Dropped Kerb information
When submitting a planning application, you are advised to consult the Planning Application Validation Document, with page 3 relevant.
Only 1 copy of documents is required by the Council.
Permitted Development Rights removed - changes to the Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications, Requests and Site Visits) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2017 which came into force on 17th January 2018 has removed the fee exemption for imposed conditions / Article 4 Directions. A Guide to fees from the Planning Portal can be viewed here.
Details of the Planning Fees increasing on 17 January 2018 can be viewed here.
Check the Scale of Charges for planning applications or use the applications fee calculator. You can pay the planning application fee with a credit or debit card by calling 01827 715341.
Last updated Friday, 25th November 2022
You said, we did