Submitting a planning application
Prior notification applications
There are a range of Prior notification application forms which are set out below:
- Change of Use to Dwelling(s) from office use (until 30 May 2019)
- Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a flexible use
- Proposed Change of Use to State Funded School
- Proposed Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a State-Funded School* or Registered Nursery**
- Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a Dwelling house, and for Associated Operational Development*
- Change of Use of a building from a Retail Use or a Mixed Retail and Residential Use (Class C3), and for Associated Operational Development*
- Change Of Use from Storage or Distribution Buildings and any land within its curtilage to Dwelling houses
- Change of Use from Amusement Arcades/Centres and Casinos, and any land within its curtilage to Dwelling houses
- Change of Use from Shops, Financial and Professional Services, Betting Offices, Pay Day Loan Shops and Casinos to Restaurants and Cafés
- Change of Use from Shops and Financial and Professional Services, Betting Offices, Pay Day Loan Shops to Assembly and Leisure Uses
- Development Consisting of the Erection or Construction of a Collection Facility within the Curtilage of a Shop
- Temporary Use of Buildings or Land for the Purpose of Commercial Film-Making and the Associated Temporary
- Installation, Alteration or Replacement of other Solar Photovoltaics (PV) equipment on the Roofs of Non-domestic Buildings up to 1 Megawatt*
- Change of Use from Premises in Light Industrial Use (Class B1(c)) and any land within its curtilage to Dwellinghouses (Class C3)
Only 1 copy of documents is required by the Council.
The forms above are subject to the Permitted Development Criteria.
The Council encourages the submission of planning applications using the Planning Portal.
Before you begin you should read more about:
- The planning application process
- Pre-application planning advice / Business Development
- Other planning application forms and guidance
When submitting a planning application, you are advised to consult the Planning Application Validation Document, with pages 15- 18 are relevant.
Last updated Friday, 17th August 2018