You are here:

Works to trees and hedgerows

Responsibility for maintenance

If a tree is situated on privately owned land, the owner of that land will be responsible for the maintenance of the tree.  This Council will be unable to assist in any assessment of its health or condition, and will be unable to carry out works to it, irrespective of whether it is protected or not.  Tree owners are advised to commission the services of a Tree Surgeon, and the Arboricultural Association offer a list of Approved Contractors and Consultants for such assessments and works.

Please remember that before undertaking any works to a tree, you should check that it is not protected by a Tree Preservation Order or in a Conservation Area.

High hedges

You can find out about High Hedges here.

Last updated Thursday, 20th February 2020

Was this information useful?

You said, we did