Planning guidance overview
The Development Control team at North Warwickshire Borough Council uses a Development Management approach. This means that rather than controlling development through approving or refusing applications, as and when they are submitted, we are looking to shape initial proposals to enhance and improve the quality of the built and natural environment for the wider community before the application is made. Affected parties and consultees may also be involved in this management approach so that development proposals accommodate a range of desires and aspirations.
The consequence is that the Council strongly encourages pre-application discussions or submissions. Advice can be given about relevant local policy and national guidance. As a consequence, it is more likely to lead to a positive outcome to applications when formally submitted. At present there is no charge for this service.
Further advice and guidance is split into three categories: Householder Development, Business Development and General Guidance. Please use the links below:
- 12 April 2021 - Outdoor areas at Pubs, restaurants etc...
- Planning Permission time extensions until April 2021
- 2014 North Warwickshire Core Strategy
- New Draft Local Plan
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Pre-application enquiries
- Amendments to Planning Permissions
- National Planning Policy, Guidance and Legislation
- Guidance for Submitting the Correct Information
- Guidance for High Quality and Sustainable Development
- Climate Change - external Government webpage
- Supplementary Planning Documents
- Heritage and Conservation
- Dropped Kerb and Highway Queries
- The Use Classes Order - external Government webpage
- Contaminated Land and Coal Fields
- Demolition of Buildings
- Works to Trees and Hedgerows
- High Hedges
- Development Control Practices and Procedures
- Planning Glossary - external Government webpage
- Agricultural Land Classification Plan West Midlands - external Natural England webpage
- HS2 Web platform - external HS2 website, for Warwickshire
- Infrastructure Funding Statement - December 2020
- Material Considerations for Planning Applications
If you cannot find the information you are looking for, or wish to clarify detail, please contact the Planning Control team.
Last updated Monday, 24th May 2021