Planning consultations and news
This page carries a list of current consultations on key planning applications and strategic planning documents drafted by the Council and also any other useful planning news.
The Forward Planning Privacy Notice explains how we will use the data and comments you supply to us
North Warwickshire Local Plan Main Modifications Consultation
Hearings on the submitted Local Plan were held in September 2018, February 2019, April 2019 and December 2020. A consultation is now taking place for 6 weeks until 14 April 2021 on proposed changes to the Local Plan which the Inspector considers to be needed for the Local Plan to be made sound. These changes are known as Main Modifications. A Schedule of Main Modifications has been prepared with each Main Modification having its own unique reference number. In addition, the Main Modifications have been assessed through a further Sustainability Appraisal.
If you wish to make a comment on any of the documents, please use a Representation Form. One form should be completed for each Main Modification (MM). Representations should be confined to the Main Modifications and accompanying Sustainability Appraisal as published and only relate to the 'soundness' and/or 'legal compliance' of these. They should not relate to matters already covered as part of the examination of the Local Plan or matters that could have been part of the earlier representations or hearings, on the submitted plan. Please do not repeat earlier representations as these have already been considered by the Inspector.
The Council will not be responding directly to your comments as the representations received will be passed to the Inspector conducting the examination for his consideration. They will be considered in preparing his final report on the Local Plan.
In addition, there are some minor changes to the document which are called Additional Modifications (NWBC33). These are changes proposed by the Borough Council which are not considered to affect the effectiveness or soundness of the Local Plan. These have also been given a unique reference number. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send any comments on these to the Borough Council who will consider them.
In addition to assist with the Main Modifications the Borough Council has prepared a topic paper on housing covering the stepped trajectory and the 5-year housing land supply (NWBC32). This paper does not form part of the consultation but is provided to give assistance and explain the figures in more detail.
- NWBC20G Schedule of Main Modifications
- Main Modifications Sustainability Appraisal Addendum (Non Technical Summary)
- Main Modifications Sustainabilty Appraisal Addendum
- Main Modifcations Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Local Plan Main Modifications Consultation Response Form
MAPS SHOWING CHANGES DUE TO MAIN MODIFICATIONS
- MM56 Existing Industrial Estates
- MM63 Greenspace Maps (showing suggested deletions)
- MM65 Core Shopping Frontage Deletion
- MM68 Additional Station Parking - Area of Search
- MM87, MM88, MM89 Site Allocation Deletion and Transfer of Site Allocation to Reserve Site
- MM92, MM94, MM95 Indicative Ateas A & B for Site Allocations H1, H2 & E1
- MM107 Site Allocation H14 (Removal from Greenbelt and Floodzones)
DOCUMENTS TO AID CONSULTATION
- North Warwickshire Local Plan showing Main Modifications
- NWBC32 Information Note on Housing Trajectory and 5 Year Housing Supply
All other documents relating o the Local Plan can be found on our Local Plan Examination Pages
Please email (email@example.com) or telephone 01827 719250, if there are any other queries that the Forward Planning Team can assist you with.
Comments must be received by no later than Wednesday 14 April 2021
Please send your representations on the consultation in the following ways:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org or
- post to the Forward Planning Team, North Warwickshire Borough Council, The Council House, South Street, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 1DE
Last updated Wednesday, 3rd March 2021