Local Land Charges Service
Local Land Charges Information
Local land charge searches give information held by the Council about a property. They are used by solicitors, buyers and mortgage lenders to reveal important information prior to completion of a property transaction.
The Local Land Charges Search is in two parts:
• The LLC1, which is the legal certificate relating to all registerable charges.
• The CON29 (2016) is a standard form, which deals with all enquiries relating to planning, highways and environmental history, which may affect the property/land.
Full local authority search – LLC1 and CON29
- One copy of the following: LLC1, CON29 AND CON 290 as applicable
- One plan showing the boundary of the property / land to be searched against, clearly marked in red. If plans are NOT submitted Local Land Charges reserve the right to return the search.
- An accurate full postal address or plot number of new developments.
- The appropriate fee is required. Please see fees and charges detailed below. This can be paid by credit / debit card by telephoning 01827 715341. Payment can also be made by cheque.
- Seaches can also be submitted electronically and all searches will be returned by email.
- We aim to return searches within 5-7 working days.
As an alternative to carrying out an Official Search undertaken by council staff, customers can opt to carry out a personal search of the Local Land Charges register.
Customers can obtain answers to the questions contained in the CON29 form by inspecting official registers and by submitting a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
When booking a personal search of the Land Charges Register we ask for 5 full working days’ notice. Please contact Local Land Charges for an appointment by telephoning 01827 719235.
We need a full postal address and one plan of the property/land. This should be emailed to email@example.com.
We do not allow more than 5 properties to be searched per visit.
Domestic and Commercial Search Fees (effective from 1st April 2019- inclusive of VAT where applicable).
Type of request and fee
- Official Land Charges Register search (LLC1) - £35.00
- Each additional parcel of land (LLC1) - £3.00
- Con29 Search - £109.00
- Each additional parcel of land – £10.00
- Full Search - £144.00
- Additional questions in isolation - first question £22.00
- Each additional question - £1.20
- Additional questions Con290 No Fee for number 4
- Question 22 Common Land - £15.00
- Question 22 in isolation should be made directly to Warwickshire County Council.
Last updated Friday, 29th March 2019