You are here:

Change of circumstances - benefits

Reporting a change of circumstances

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support and your circumstances change at any time you must inform the Benefits Section straight away. Contact benefits to report a change. If you don't tell us about a change, and we pay you too much benefit, you may have to pay it back.

If you are in receipt of any discounts, reductions or exemptions and your circumstances change, you must inform the Council Tax Department straight away.

All changes must be reported to us immediately. Please note that is an offence to make false statements or knowingly fail to declare changes likely to affect benefit entitlement. The Council will take action to prosecute those committing fraud.

Change of address

Go to our I am moving page to tell all the departments at the Council and other organisations such as electricity and gas suppliers etc that you have moved in one free and easy go.

Last updated Tuesday, 10th November 2015

Was this information useful?

You said, we did