You are here:

Who has to pay Council tax?

Can more than one person be liable?

All persons who have an equal interest in the dwelling will be jointly liable. This applies to the spouse or civil partner of the liable person resident in the same dwelling. It also applies to married or unmarried couples living together.

NB Students who live in shared accommodation are normally exempt from Council Tax charges altogether, however difficulties can arise if one (or more) of the residents are no longer students. Please email or call 01827 715341 for details.

Last updated Monday, 2nd November 2015

Was this information useful?

You said, we did