Extra Garden Waste Service
Terms and conditions for the Extra Garden Waste Service
- The collection of an extra green bin is subject to an annual charge which covers the emptying of the bin from 1st June - 31st May.
- The current charge can be found on the service webpage and is subject to increase annually in line with the Council's fees and charges.
- The annual charge applies to each extra green bin. There is no limit to how many extra green bins each household can have.
- The annual charge is for collections only. If a bin is required the new and replacement bin charge applies. The current charge for new and replacement bins can be found on the replacement bins webpage.
- Extra bins remain the property of the Council.
- There are no concessions and the annual charge is for a full year irrespective of when you start the service. There is no discount for part year sign up.
- The service is non-transferable and you must not pass the bin or sticker to another resident.
- The fee for your first year can be paid by card only.
- The fee for your second and subsequent years should be paid by Direct Debit.
- Non-payment of the annual fee will result in the bin not being emptied and it will be removed at the earliest opportunity
Sticker and bin delivery
- The Council will deliver to the customer an official sticker for each scheme year. The sticker must be placed on the body of the bin at the back, under the handles, so it is clearly visible to the collection crews.
- Extra green bins must have the sticker displayed on the bin otherwise the Council will not empty it
- Customers are advised to write on/label all the household's bins with the house number or name
- Extra green bins must be placed out for collection by 6:30am on collection day. If you have an assisted collection, extra green bins must be accessible.
- Extra green bins will be emptied fortnightly at the same time as the first green bin, provided to all households, and in line with the collection calendar.
- Extra green bins will not be emptied during the winter service break.
- All reasonable effort will be taken to empty extra green bins in adverse weather conditions. If it is not possible to collect, attempts will be made to reschedule collections, and these will be communicated through the Council's website and social media pages. If collections cannot be rescheduled no refunds will be given.
- All garden waste must be contained within the bin and the bin lid closed otherwise it will not be emptied.
- Extra green bins containing non-garden waste will not be emptied
- If the extra green bin is presented correctly by the customer but missed by the collection crew the customer must inform the Council within 24 hours so the crew can return to empty it. The crew will aim to empty all missed green bins on the return visit.
- If you move within North Warwickshire you must inform the Council so we can update our records. You can take the extra green bin with you when you move but you must leave your first green bin behind.
- If you move outside of North Warwickshire you will need to leave all bins at the registered address. You must inform the Council so we can cancel the service and direct debit (if applicable). Unfortunately no refund will be given for any remaining term.
Renewal and cancellation
- After your first scheme year, renewals should be paid by Direct Debit. Existing customers will be contacted by post in Spring with details about how to set this up
- Once a direct debit has been set up the Council will notify existing customer annually of the renewal of the service, any increases in fee and remind the customer of their right to cancel a direct debit before the direct debit payment is taken.
- If the customer does not wish to renew the service they can cancel the direct debit.
- Once the customer has paid for the service they still have 14 days to cancel the service. After that period the Council will not refund the annual payment.
- The customer may cancel the service at any point during the service year but no refunds will be given (unless within 14 days of payment, as above).
- A new, different coloured sticker will be issued each year once payment is received from the customer. The customer must ensure the new sticker is placed on the bin or the bin may not be emptied.
By signing up to this service the customer accepts these terms and conditions
Last updated Tuesday, 12th February 2019