Green bin collections
Green Bin Collection Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for the Garden Waste Service
The agreement is made between the resident (the customer) and North Warwickshire Borough Council (the Council). By signing up to this service the customer accepts these terms and conditions
- The collection of a green bin is subject to an annual charge which covers the emptying of the bin from 1st April - 31st March.
- The current charge can be found on the service webpage and is subject to increase annually in line with the Council's fees and charges.
- The annual charge applies to each green bin. There is no limit to how many green bins each household can have.
- The annual charge is for service administration and collections only. If a bin is required the new and replacement bin charge applies. The current charge for new and replacement bins can be found on the replacement bins webpage.
- Green bins remain the property of the Council.
- There are no concessions or refunds for this service and the annual charge is for a full year (1st April – 31st March) irrespective of when the customer signs up. There is no discount for part year sign up.
- The service is non-transferable and you must not pass the bin or sticker to another resident.
- The service only operates within the boundary of North Warwickshire Borough.
- The fee can be paid online or by phone
- Non-payment of the annual fee will result in the bin not being emptied
- The Council, or a company working on its behalf, will deliver to the customer a permit sticker which is valid until 31st March of the scheme year
- The sticker must be placed on the back of the green bin, under the handles as shown on the rear of the permit sticker.
- The green bin must have the sticker displayed on the bin otherwise the Council will not empty it, irrespective of payment being made
- Permit stickers will be delivered within 10 working days. Customers are advised to sign up in advance to allow time for the permit sticker to be delivered as collection will not commence until the permit sticker is placed on the green bin.
- If the permit sticker is lost or damaged, a replacement can be ordered online or by phone.
- The green bin must be placed out for collection at the curtilage of your property by 6:30am on collection day. If the customer has an assisted collection, the green bin must be accessible.
- On collection day the bin should be presented with the handles facing the road so the permit sticker is clearly visible to the collection crews
- The green bin will be emptied fortnightly, with the exception of one collection at Christmas/New Year and during the annual winter service break.
- Collection dates are available on the collection calendar.
- All reasonable effort will be taken to empty green bins in adverse weather conditions. If it is not possible to collect, attempts will be made to reschedule collections, and these will be communicated through the Council's website and social media pages. No refunds will be given if collections cannot be carried out due to adverse weather conditions.
- The correct waste must be contained within the green bin and the bin lid fully closed otherwise it will not be emptied. Bins should not be filled with such a weight as to make the moving or emptying process hazardous to the Council’s operatives. No refunds will be given for rejected collections.
- Side waste will not be accepted.
- If the green bin is presented correctly by the customer but missed by the collection crew the customer must inform the Council online or by phone within 24 hours. The Council will investigate the claim and endeavour to return to collect valid missed green bins. If this is not practicable the Council will suggest alternative arrangements. No refunds will be given for missed collections.
- The Council reserves the right to change the day of collection, giving reasonable notice, in order to promote an efficient service in accordance with Council priorities
- If you move house you must inform the Council so we can update our records.
- If you move within North Warwickshire we will transfer your service to your new address and send you a new permit sticker at no extra charge.
- If you move outside of North Warwickshire you will need to leave all bins at the registered address. No refund will be given for any remaining term.
Renewal and cancellation
- The Council will contact the customer by post or email in advance of 31st March to remind them the service year is ending and how they can renew
- Once the customer has signed up and paid for the service there is a 14 day cooling off period when the customer can cancel the service if they wish and be refunded in full. If a permit sticker has already been dispatched to the resident this must be returned to the Council in order for the refund to be issued.
- After the 14 day cooling off period the Council will not refund payments made.
- The customer may cancel the service at any point during the service year but no refunds will be given (unless within 14 days of payment, as above).
- The Customer’s statutory rights are not affected
Vouchers for Planters Garden Centre (2021-2022)
- After you sign up you are eligible receive free vouchers from Planters Garden Centre
- To obtain the vouchers simply take the backing label off the sticker (not the sticker itself) to the Information Desk at Planters Garden Centre who will issue the vouchers to you.
- Vouchers are provided by Planters Garden Centre. North Warwickshire Borough Council accept no liability with regard to Planters Garden Centre vouchers referred to in this promotion or other such promotions.
- Please refer to the terms and conditions of use as detailed by Planters Garden Centre
- The Council cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged vouchers
- The Council cannot be held responsible for the availability of products listed within vouchers or offers
- The Council will process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Garden Waste Service privacy notice.
The Council reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions.
Last updated Thursday, 7th October 2021