Bulky waste collections
Getting rid of large or bulky items
If you have large or bulky items for disposal we can collect these from you for a small charge. Alternatively if the items are in a reusable condition you can donate them to Second Chance.
The current charge for a bulky waste collection is:
- £23.00 for up to six items
- £4.00 for each additional item (maximum two)
The charges above are for residential properties only, businesses need to contact us for a quote.
There are no exemptions to the charge.
Items will be collected on the Friday after payment is confirmed. In exceptional circumstances (For example: due to the disability of the occupants) arrangements may be made to complete collections at specific times or collect items from within the premises.
If your collection includes metal and non-metal items we might collect from your property using two different vehicles. This is to allow metal items to be recycled.
What can be collected
- Bed bases
- Household furniture
- White goods - fridges, freezers, cookers, dishwashers, washing machines, tumble dryers
- Electrical goods
- Computer items
- Children's toys
- Garden furniture
- Portable heaters and coolers
What can't be collected
- Single items weighing more than 50 kg
- Ceramic tiles
- Builders, DIY waste
- Bath tubs, sinks toilets cisterns
- Liquid waste
- Hazardous waste - fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste, soil, rubble
- Car parts or tyres
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguisher
- Fluid containers e.g. oil drums, petrol cans
- Central heating boilers or tanks
- Coal bunkers
- Rayburns, Agas
- Clinical waste
- Sheds and fence panels, fencing
What is classed as one item?
Items that have more than one piece will be counted as separate items. For example a bed with a divan base would be two items and a table with four chairs would be five items. Only the items you have listed at the time of booking will be collected.
How to book
To book a bulky waste collection please call or email using the details below.
Last updated Tuesday, 25th October 2016