Street closures - special events
How we use your information when you apply for a road closure
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when North Warwickshire Borough Council (NWBC) collects personal information when you apply for a road closure.
Purpose of processing your personal information
In order to enable NWBC to administer your application it is necessary for us to collect personal information from you to:-
- Enable NWBC to contact you regarding the application
- Enable NWBC to forward any approved Road Closure Notice
Who we share your information with
Your personal information will be treated as confidential but it may be shared with third party consultees, namely:-
- Warwickshire and West Mercia Police
- Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service
- West midlands Ambulance Service
- Passenger Transport Providers
- Street Works Co-ordinator
- Local Members
- Town/Parish Clerk
How long will we keep your information
We will keep your information for as long as it is required by us. In most cases this will be for 2 years.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right:
- to request a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records;
- where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing;
- in some circumstances, to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation;
- to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing;
- to complain if we refuse a request you may make using these rights and you are not happy with our reason.
We may refer any request you may make using these rights to another organisation, if they have been involved in processing your personal data.
If you would like to discuss your rights regarding information held by the Council please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or 01827 715 341.
If you have concerns about the use of your personal data please contact the Information Commissioners Officer via their website https://ico.org.uk or the helpline on 0303 123 1113. The Information Commissioners Officer are an independent body set up to uphold information rights in the UK.
Information Commissioners Office
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated July 2018.
Last updated Thursday, 27th September 2018