You are here:

Local Housing Allowance

Exemptions from Local Housing Allowance

Local Housing Allowance applies to tenants renting their homes in the private sector but the following are NOT included in the scheme:-

  • Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) tenants
  • Council Tenants
  • Pre 1989 tenancies
  • Protected cases such as Hostels and supported housing provided by local authorities, social landlords, charities or voluntary organisations.
  • Caravans, mobile homes, site rents, and houseboats (including mooring charges)
  • Cases where the rent officer judges that a substantial part of the rent included board and attendance e.g. bed and breakfast and hotel accommodation.

Last updated Monday, 28th September 2015

Was this information useful?

You said, we did