Christmas Money Matters
How to save money at Christmas
- For useful help and hints to save you money every day, follow the links www.moneysavingexpert.com/?msclkid=4c0ff011cf92158dd0fcadda15152d22
- With free unbiased help and information, start your budget now at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/tools/budget-planner or Tel 0800 138 7777
- If you have concerns about Council rent arrears follow the link; www.northwarks.gov.uk/info/20016/council_housing_and_garages/1297/help_with_money_and_debt/5
- For Council Tax arrears follow; www.northwarks.gov.uk/info/20038/payments_arrears_refunds/1135/council_tax_arrears/3
- If you have concerns with private rent arrears or loosing your home, contact P.H.I.L. by following the link; www.warwickshirephil.org.uk
- Christmas can be stressful and puts a lot of pressure on families and relationships. If you are struggling, contact the Samaritans at www.samaritans.org. Or Refuge at www.refuge.org.uk or call 0808 2000 247.
- Severn Trent Water can help you with arrears on your water bill and maybe more. Call them on 0800 917 6901 to see what help they can give.
- For free debt advice contact The National Debtline and use My Money Steps to get free online debt help – visit www.nationaldebtline.org or Tel 0808 808 4000 (Mon – Fri 9am to 8pm and Sat 9.30am to 1pm)
- StepChange gives free debt and money advice and a personal action plan. Contact www.stepchange.org or Tel: 0800 138 1111
- For information and top tips on choosing a savings account that’s right for you, follow the link www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/top-tips-for-choosing-savings-accounts
- For information about Help to Save accounts and the benefits of opening one, follow them link www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/help-to-save-explained
Last updated Thursday, 5th December 2019