You are here:

Test and Trace Support Payments

Apply for Test and Trace Self Isolation Payment

North Warwickshire Borough Council will be providing Self Isolation Payment support to local residents who need financial assistance due to having to self-isolate because of Coronavirus.

The UK government announced there is a new legal duty on all UK residents to Self-Isolate if they test positive for COVID-19, or identified by NHS Test and Trace as a close contact of some on who has tested positive (exceptions apply see below for details), or they are responsible for a child who has tested positive.

To see who is exempt from Self isolation please visit: 

As this new legal duty may impact your ability to work and earn a living, the government has introduced a grant scheme, which will run until 31st March 2022.

People who have received notification from NHS Test, Track and Trace with a unique 8-digit identifier number could receive a one off payment of £500 if you meet the qualifying criteria:

  • you’re employed or self-employed
  • you, or a child you’re the parent or guardian of, has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), or been told you or the child are a close contact by NHS Test and Trace
  • you cannot work from home and will lose income by self-isolating or staying at home to care for the child
  • you’re not exempt from self-isolating
  • Contacts of people who are suspected or confirmed to have the Omicron variant and have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace (you will need to provide the email /text message from NHS Test and Trace confirming you must isolate)

You can still claim if it’s your child who has been told to self-isolate.

You need to claim within 42 days of your or the child’s first day of self-isolation.

Apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment

For full details please see the North Warwickshire Borough Council Test and Trace Discretionary Scheme Policy

Safeguarding Test and Trace Support Payment

Banks are not allowed to use the test and trace support payment to reduce authorised or unauthorised overdrafts. In order to protect the payment from being used in this way, using what is known as 'first right of appropriation', you must contact your bank with a new instruction. For further guidance on this and to see a sample letter of appropriation letter to you bank please see our guidance on right of appropriation.

More information regarding the scheme is available on the GOV.UK website.

Test and Trace Statistics 

Last updated Thursday, 2nd December 2021

Was this information useful?

You said, we did