Food, medicines and other help - COVID-19
Help for the Clinically Extremely Vulnerable
Guidance on protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19
Given the successful rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine programme, the shielding programme has now ended. If you were previously identified as clinically extremely vulnerable, you are advised to continue to follow the guidance contained in Coronavirus: how to stay safe and help prevent the spread.
If you would like to discuss any concerns we can help you to do this. The Council is working with community and volunteer groups to provide support to help with your health and well-being visit: https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/information-coronavirus/mental-health-advice-coronavirus-pandemic/1
There are many community groups which have been set up and they may be able to help with your shopping, picking up prescriptions and other things www.northwarks.gov.uk/covid19groups. Your pharmacy should also be able to arrange to deliver medicines to you.
If family, friends or community groups can’t help and you have no way to get your shopping or medicines or if you aren’t sure what to do call 0800 4081447
Other Help and information
- Help paying your bills - For information on applying for Universal Credit https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit.
- There is information on other financial and emotional support that may be available at https://www.northwarks.gov.uk/moneyhelp
- Act on Energy Grants and energy advice FREE ADVICE LINE 0800 988 2881 actonenergy.org.uk/
- Severn Trent You may be able to reduce your water bill 0345 7500 500 Severn Trent Grant
- Small Business Support - If you run a small business there are grants available www.northwarks.gov.uk/businessgrants
- General information on coronavirus and changes to Council services: www.northwarks.gov.uk/servicechanges
- Guidance on how to dispose of your waste safely
- For help with symptoms of coronavirus: 111.nhs.uk or call 111.
- Government advice and guidance: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
- Support for victims of domestic abuse: 0800 408 1552 or https://www.talk2someone.org.uk/
- For support with low mood or anxiety visit www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/ or in a crisis text Shout to 85258.
Last updated Tuesday, 14th September 2021