Local allotment sites
Allotment regeneration and development
For more information or to contact the Green Space Officer please call 01827 719492
Finding a plot
The Borough Council owns several allotment sites in the area, which are listed below. These sites are managed by Allotment Associations who have responsibility for renting out plots.
- Ansley Village - Mr Bill Pearson email: email@example.com
- Ansley Common (Bretts Hall) - Mr Harry Bailey 02476 395994
- Ansley Common (St John's Road) - Mr David Wilson
- Dordon (Birch Coppice) - Tony Duffy (Chairman) 01827 331092
- New Arley (Gun Hill) - Mr McKee Gun Hill Allotments
- Polesworth (Birchmoor Road) - Mr John Carroll 01827 895979
- Polesworth (Park Avenue) - only 2 plots - all currently in use
- Warton (Waverton Avenue) - Lynn Drinkwater
Other allotment sites in the Borough are owned and run by Parish Councils or are privately owned. A list of these sites can be found below.
- Alvecote - Smith Gore (manage site for UK Coal) 01543 261985
- Austrey (Playing Fields) - Mr Colin Masters 01827 830821
- Atherstone (all sites) - Atherstone Town Council 01827 720829
- Fillongley - Mrs Jayne Moore - 01676 541576
- Baddesley Ensor (Speedwell Lane) - Geoff Taylor 07999 041622
- Baddesley Ensor (Newlands Road) - Mr Jim Montague 01827 717409
- Coleshill (all sites) - Coleshill Town Council 01675 463326
- Hartshill : Marie Fisher 07990746361
- Hurley - Hurley Allotment
- Mancetter (Ridge Lane) - Mancetter Parish Council 01827 722552
- Shustoke (sports field) - Shustoke Parish Council 02476 396523
- Water Orton - only 3 plots - all currently in use
Please note that many of the sites have waiting lists for plots.
North Warwickshire Allotment Federation
The North Warwickshire Allotment Federation was set up in 2008 to support the allotment community in North Warwickshire. The Federation is run by a group of volunteers from different allotment sites across the Borough. The group hold an AGM every January as well as activities and events throughout the year.
The Borough Council aims to support the provision of allotment sites through the North Warwickshire Green Space Strategy and has set out a framework to do this in an Allotments Policy Statement.
Last updated Wednesday, 15th March 2017