Atherstone Sports Club
Royal Meadow Drive
Atherstone Sports Club and its member sections Atherstone Cricket Club, Atherstone Rangers Football Club, Atherstone Adders Hockey Club and Atherstone Rugby Club conducted a consultation to hear the communities’ views on their proposals for creating additional sports pitches at Royal Meadow Drive, Atherstone.
The club propose to make the following improvements:
- Create an additional cricket pitch
- Remove current disused skate area
- Reorientation of the current adult rugby pitch
- Create an additional 11 v 11 football pitch
- Create an additional 9 v 9 football pitch
- Create an additional 7 v 7 football pitch
- Create an additional 5 v 5 football pitch
- Reorientation the current junior rugby pitch and create a dual use space that will also provide additional football pitches
- Remove two copse areas to provide the space for the above
- Improve access between the clubs current facility at Ratcliffe Road Sports Ground and Royal Meadow Drive to facilitate pitch maintenance
The feedback from the consultation can be viewed by clicking here.
Atherstone Sports Club and North Warwickshire Borough Council have signed a Tenancy at Will in realtion to a section of Royal Meadow Drive that will enable the club to deliver the improvements detailed above.
Proposed Works Schedule
20ft Storage container to be located on site. September 2019
- Copse area’s and old play parks
Clear, weed, feed and seed of the previous copse areas, old play area and skate board park. Ocotober 2019
- Levelling of ground.
Level and seed areas of undulating ground next to current adult rugby pitch. October 2019
- Weed kill and feed
Broadleaf weed killer and fertiliser to be applied to all sports pitches. October 2019
- Relocate Adult Rugby Pitch
The pitch is to be repositioned parallel to the hedge near Levi’s farm. February/March 2020
A new bridge to be built over the ditch in order to gain access to the ground. March 2020.
- Levelling and drainage
To level, reseed and drain area currently unused as sports pitches Spring 2020.
Last updated Friday, 27th September 2019