Parks, play areas, nature reserves
Brendon Close Play Area, Coleshill
- Location: Brendon Close, Coleshill, B46 3EF
- Facilities: Toddler/Junior play equipment
- On Google Maps - Brendon Close
Cole End Park and nature reserve
***Currently under improvement - View the planned improvements***
- Location: Lichfield Road, Coleshill
- Sports Facilities: none
- Play facilities: Toddler/junior (Old Mill Road)
- Other facilities: benches, pathways
- On Google Maps - Cole End Park
The history of Cole End park
In the 1800s there was a mill and a ford on the River Cole. The mill was demolished in 1940/50s and the mill pond filled was in later. The River Cole originally ran at the side of Lichfield Road but was diverted when the A446 was made into a dual carriageway before the war forming a triangular piece of land which has become the park.
The nature reserve
Cole End Park local nature reserve is situated within the larger Cole End Park, to the south of the River which runs through the park.
Through the Wild:LIFE project undertaken during 2010-13 the access, habitats and educational features around the site have been improved which have included constructing new crushed stone footpaths, creating an archway for the entrance, creation of new steps, installing a directional fingerpost, creation of a tree trail with leaf rubbing posts and installing interpretation panels.
- The Wild:LIFE project involves local people in looking after nature on their doorstep.
- A habitat management plan has been produced by Warwickshire Wildlife Trust to help safeguard the habitats and species present.
- The Wild:LIFE project is funded by Access to Nature a scheme run by Natural England and Funded by the Big Lottery (2010-2013).
- Cole End Park was declared a Local Nature Reserve in North Warwickshire in 2013.
Trajan Hill Spinney, Coleshill
- Location: Trajan Hill
- Description: Small woodland without pathways
- On Google Maps - Trajan Hill
Last updated Tuesday, 16th August 2022
You said, we did