Taxi Safety Advice
Safety Advice for Taxi Users
All Taxi’s and Private Hire Vehicles in North Warwickshire are licensed and regulated by NWBC and we receive very few complaints but with the party season almost upon us there will be other companies and drivers working in the area.
Stay safe and avoid being overcharged by following this advice:
- Book in advance using a company or trusted taxi driver
- Travel home with friends where possible, share the cost.
- The driver should always have their badge on display, do not be afraid to ask to see it and if need be make a note of the drivers name and number.
- Every licensed and regulated taxi will have a plate on the rear with the vehicles details and plate number. If there is no plate then don’t use that vehicle.
- Keep your taxi fare money separate so you don’t spend it.
- Make sure the meter is on and you can see it at the start of your journey.
- Don’t pay more than the maximum amount shown on the meter at the end of your journey.
- If a vehicle looks like a taxi but has ‘Private Hire Only’ written on it then that vehicle must be pre-booked only, the driver cannot by law tout for business.
- And let people know where you are and where you’re going.
If you have any concerns then please contact the Licensing Team at NWBC email@example.com or call 01827 719482.
To make a complaint we will need the plate number on the rear of the vehicle, the drivers badge number or name or the vehicle registration number.
Last updated Wednesday, 13th November 2019