You are here:

Alcohol and entertainment

Vary a designated premises supervisor

Under the Licensing Act 2003, every premises licensed to supply alcohol is required to have a designated premises supervisor. The designated premises supervisor must hold a valid Personal Licence. 

When a current Designated Premises Supervisor leaves a premises the licence holder must apply to change the details immediately. The application form should be completed and returned to the Licensing Section along with the fee of £23 and the original licence. You must also ensure that the proposed Designated Premises Supervisor signs the consent form.

Under the Licensing Act 2003 the licence holder must also serve the application on the existing Designated Premises Supervisor.

The application must also be served on the Chief of Police. The Police then have 14 days in which they can object to the appointment of the new Designated Premises Supervisor - if they are satisfied that it would undermine the crime prevention objective.

Last updated Tuesday, 25th August 2015

Was this information useful?

You said, we did