You are here:

Caravan and camping site licensing

How do I apply?

You can apply for a site licence online here

You must include the following with any application.

  • The TYPE of caravan or camping site - permanent, residential, holiday or touring
  • The maximum number of caravans and/or tents
  • Details of Planning Permission(s) NOTE: Site Licences can only be issued on the same terms as the planning permission.
  • A detailed 1/500 scale layout plan of the site, showing boundaries and hard standings. Where appropriate include roads, footpaths, toilet blocks, flood and surface water drainage, water supply, play areas, fire points and parking spaces
  • Details of arrangements for refuse, sewage and waste water disposal
  • Proof of land occupancy (registered title) obtained from the Land Registry

Who can apply?

  • You must be either the person, organisation or company that occupies the land
  • The council won't grant a licence for a Holiday Site to anyone who has held a licence which has been revoked in the past 3 years
  • If you're applying for a residential site licence i.e for Mobile/Park Homes, you must be a fit and proper person. You'll find more details on this in the Mobile Homes (Site Licensing) (England) Regulations 2014

What will we do?

  • If you already have planning permission we will process your application within 2 months
  • If you have applied for planning permission we will process your application within 6 weeks of permission being granted
  • We will determine what conditions will be attached to the licence
  • We will keep a register of all licenced sites.

What are Site Licence Conditions?

  • Conditions make sure a site is safe and must be complied with at all times
  • All conditions are based on Model Standards set down by government
  • The council can alter conditions at any time but must allow a licence holder to make representations
  • North Warwickshire council has set down standards for different types of sites

Can I appeal against conditions?

Yes but talk to us first. If you are still unhappy you must appeal to the Magistrates Court within 28 days of the licence being issued.

What happens if I don't comply?

  • The council can prosecute if you don't have a licence or you breach a condition.  This can result in the licence being revoked and fines of up to £2,500.
  • If your licence is revoked, you can't hold another licence for at least 3 years.

Can I transfer or amend my licence?

  • Yes, you can transfer a licence with consent from the council if you sell or transfer the land.  You must provide evidence of the new ownership
  • No, you can't amend a licence, for example, to increase the number of pitches, without an approved planning permission and a new application for licence
  • Yes, you can vary a licence if you change your address or wish to apply to vary any conditions

Is there a fee for a licence?

  • There is no fee for a Holiday or Touring site licence
  • You will pay a fee for most Mobile/Park Home site licences

Apply for a Site Licence

Last updated Tuesday, 20th February 2018

Was this information useful?

You said, we did