Business Support and Help
The Restart Grant scheme is for businesses who occupy commercial premises and who receive a non-domestic rates bill. It is a one-off grant payment. It will replace all existing grants apart from the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).
The Restart Grant will support non-essential retail premises with one-off grants of up to £6,000 and hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym or sport business premises (Strand Two) with one-off grants of up to £18,000.
- Businesses are eligible for this payment from 1 April 2021
The one-off grant amounts that will be payable are as follows:
|Rateable Value||One-off amount for non-essential retail premises (Strand One)||One-off amount for hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym business premises (Strand Two)|
|Rateable value of exactly £15,000 or below||£2,667||£8,000|
|Rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000||£4,000||£12,000|
|Rateable value of exactly £51,000 or over||£6,000||£18,000|
Businesses will be eligible for this support from 1 April 2021. Subject to subsidy allowance conditions (previously referred to as State Aid), businesses will be entitled to receive a grant for each eligible hereditament. Some businesses may receive more than one grant where they have more than one eligible hereditament.
Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum permitted subsidy allowances will not be eligible to receive funding. Please see further detail regarding subsidy allowances here.
Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
Due to the significant changes in the new Restart Grant guidance provided to us by Government, it is necessary for us to run a new online grant application process for the Restart Grant scheme.
Before you start your application and to avoid any possible delays to making grant payments, there will be certain information required on the application, so if you could ensure you have available the following information:
- NDR Number (Business Rates number) Non Domestic Rates number is the account reference number found on your bill, begins 800XXXXXX
- Business Unique identifier, preferably your Company Reference number or VAT registration number. Registered Charity Number or Companies House Number. Self-Assessment number or Unique Taxpayer Reference Number
- Your National Insurance Number
- Date your business started trading
- Business Sector of your business
- Description of the nature of your business
- How many permanent employees in your business (include those on furlough)
- Total amount you have received in business grants so far (from April 2020)
- You will also need to upload your latest full bank statement, which must show: name, address, sort code and account number
The policy is now available for you to read, please ensure you have read this prior to your application so you are aware of all the criterion to be able to claim the Restart Grant.
Last updated Monday, 12th April 2021