How to vote
Voting by proxy
This is a convenient way of voting if you are unable to get to your polling station. Voting by proxy just means that you can appoint someone you trust to go and vote on your behalf.
You can apply for a proxy vote, using the application forms linked to below, as long as you are on the electoral register and meet any of the following criteria:
- You are unable to go to the Polling Station for one particular election , for example, if you are away on holiday
- You have a physical condition that means you cannot go to the Polling Station on election day
- Your employment means you cannot go to the Polling Station on election day
- Your attendance on an educational course means you cannot go to the Polling Station on election day
- You are a British citizen living overseas. (Parliamentary and European Parliamentary elections only)
- You are a crown servant or a member of Her Majesty's Armed Forces
You can either email a scanned image of the form or a clear photograph, showing the full page, to email@example.com or post to:Electoral Services, North Warwickshire Borough Council, The Council House, South Street, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 1DE
This method of voting can be particularly useful if you are overseas in a country too far away to send back a postal vote in time for the election.
Unless you are registered blind, you may have to get someone to support your application to confirm that your reason for applying to vote by proxy is valid. Please carefully read the notes on the form to find out if you need to get someone to support your application and who can do it.
Where you have an emergency that means you cannot go to the polling station in person, you can apply for an emergency proxy up to 5.00 pm on election day. Please contact the Elections Team using the details below to find out more.
The closing date for applying for a proxy vote prior to an election will be displayed on our Current Elections page.
Last updated Monday, 15th March 2021