North Warwickshire Borough Council
Our privacy notice tells you about what steps the council takes when we request or hold your personal data. It also tells you how to access any personal data we hold and what to do if you don't think we're meeting your expectations.
We ask for personal information from you so that we can provide council services to you. When we ask for information, we will keep to the law and maintain the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
When we ask for personal information we will:
- Make sure we tell you why we need it
- Only ask for the information that is relevant to the service you require
- Ask for your consent if we need to
- Tell you how to withdraw your consent and the consequences of doing so
- Let you know if we share your data with partner organisations
- Only keep your data as long as we need to
- Make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn't
Please make sure you give us accurate information and tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes such as new telephone numbers, email or property addresses
Access to personal information
You can find out what information we hold about you by making a subject access request under the Data Protection Act. Please ask our staff if you would like to know more about:
- How to correct any mistakes we may hold regarding your personal information
- Agreements we have with partner organisations
- How and why your information is shared with them
- When we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example in relation to criminal investigation
- How we collect, store, use and delete your personal information
- How we maintain accurate and up to date information
For more information contact you can contact the Policy Support Team via our online form:
Or email PolicySupport@NorthWarks.gov.uk
If you would like to make a complaint please use our online form
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing, you can contact the Information Commissioner at the following address:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Phone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745.
Last updated Friday, 8th December 2017