Privacy Statement and Notice
How we use your information in relation to the Bulky Waste Collection Service
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when North Warwickshire Borough Council (NWBC) collects personal information in relation to your use of NWBC’s Bulky Waste Collection Service
Purpose of processing your personal information
In order to enable NWBC to administer your application it is necessary for us to collect personal information from you to:-
- Complete your bulky waste collection
- Contact you if there is a problem or if we need more information about your collection
The type of personal information we collect is:-
- Name and contact details (phone number, email address)
- Address of items to be collected
Who we share your information with
Your personal information will be shared with the Council’s bulky waste collection contractor - Emmaus Coventry & Warwickshire.
We will only use your information in ways which are permitted by the Data Protection Act 2018.
The Council may also use your information for the purpose of performing any of its statutory enforcement duties. It will make any disclosures required by law and may also share your information with other bodies responsible for detecting/preventing crime.
How long will we keep your information
We will keep you information for as long as it is required by us or other regulatory bodies in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or for other operational reasons. In most cases this will be a minimum of 6 years.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right:
- to request a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records;
- where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing;
- in some circumstances, to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation;
- to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing;
- to complain if we refuse a request you may make using these rights and you are not happy with our reason.
We may refer any request you may make using these rights to another organisation, if they have been involved in processing your personal data.
If you would like to discuss your rights regarding information held by the Council please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or 01827 715 341.
If you have concerns about the use of your personal data please contact the Information Commissioners Officer via their website https://ico.org.uk or the helpline on 0303 123 1113. The Information Commissioners Officer are an independent body set up to uphold information rights in the UK.
Information Commissioners Office
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated in November 2018 to reflect the change in bulky waste contractor.
Last updated Wednesday, 24th April 2019