Privacy Statement and Notice
Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme Privacy Notice
North Warwickshire Borough Council
- This notice sets out how North Warwickshire Borough Council will use your personal data, and your rights. It is made under Articles 13 and/or 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This notice relates to data collected under the Green Homes Grant Scheme operated by North Warwickshire Borough Council (NWBC), which is funded by the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme (GHG LAD) run by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
We will process the following personal data:
- Address and details of property receiving the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Details about the GHG LAD installation(s) installed at the property, including type, size and cost
- Contact address (if not the property receiving the GHG LAD installation(s))
- Address and details of property offered, but not receiving, the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Your name
- Household income and any other scheme eligibility information
- Any financial contribution you have made towards the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Details about the expected energy, carbon and cost savings expected to be delivered by the installation, including pre- and post-installation property EPC details where appropriate
- Email address
- Phone number
- Your name
- Relevant accreditation and registration information
- Contact address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Details of GHG LAD installations delivered
- Whether directly contracted or sub-contracted by LA to install GHG LAD installations
- The number of employees in your organisation
The purpose(s) for which we are processing your personal data is to support the delivery and administration of the Green homes grant and GHG LAD (together the Scheme).
Delivery and administration of the Scheme may require matching of your data to other datasets held by NWBC or the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
BEIS will be conducting an evaluation of the Scheme. This may include you being contacted to take part in further research. Where the research involves processing of personal data in addition to that already collected for delivery of the Scheme, you will be given the opportunity to opt-in to that research at the point of contact.
Your data may also be used for statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes.
Legal basis of processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data is:
Public task: Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest .
The specific public task is the delivery, administration and evaluation of, as well as statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes relating to, the Scheme, a government funded scheme aiming to raise the energy efficiency of low energy performance homes (those rated at EPC Band E, F or G), including off-gas grid homes. Funding is provided to Local Authorities who engage consumers and manage the delivery of installations in homes.
Consent: Use of your personal data to contact you to take part in further research will be subject to your consent.
Your personal data will be shared with:
- Westville – which is the Council’s contractor delivering the works
- North Warwickshire Borough Council
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and its contractors for delivery, administration and evaluation of the scheme, statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes.
- Ofgem and delivery partners of central and local government home energy schemes such as the Energy Company Obligation and Renewable Heat Incentive
Your personal data may also be shared with other Government departments where necessary.
We may share your data if we are required to do so by law, for example by court order or to prevent fraud or other crime.
Personal data shared with BEIS will be stored on their IT infrastructure and will therefore also be shared with their data processors Microsoft and Amazon Web Services.
The use of anonymised or pseudonymised data will be considered as the primary form of data sharing with parties outside of BEIS. Only where the required purpose cannot be achieved using anonymised or pseudonymised data will identifiable personal data be shared.
For the purposes of this programme your personal data will be stored securely by us for a maximum period of 12 months. If the premises being improved is a Council property personal data will be stored for tenancy management purposes in accordance with our privacy statements for this purpose. BEIS intend to retain the data provided for 25 years in order to prevent fraud.
Your personal data will be stored securely by BEIS for a maximum period of 25 years following the close of the Scheme. BEIS may choose to store anonymised data beyond this period.
- You have the right to request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data.
- You have the right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay.
- You have the right to request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement.
- You have the right to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed.
- You have the right in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where it is processed for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, where processing is based on your consent.
HOW TO MAKE A REQUEST
If you wish to make a request associated with any of the rights listed above, contact NWBC or BEIS using the contact details at the bottom of this notice.
Your personal data will not normally be processed outside the UK and European Economic Area (EEA), or by an international organisation.
Where your personal data is processed outside the UK or EEA, the following safeguards will be in place:
- reliance on Model Contract Clauses
As personal data shared with BEIS will be stored on their IT infrastructure, and shared with their data processors Microsoft and Amazon Web Services, your data may be transferred and stored securely outside the European Economic Area. Where that is the case it will be subject to equivalent legal protection through the use of Model Contract Clauses.
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Council at:The Council House South Street Atherstone CV9 1DE
Or to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner's Office
0303 123 1113
Any complaint to the Information Commissioner is without prejudice to your right to seek redress through the courts.
The data controllers for your personal data are North Warwickshire Borough Council and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
You can contact the North Warwickshire Borough Council Data Protection Officer Clive Tobin at:
The Council House, South Street, Atherstone, CV9 1DE
You can contact the BEIS Data Protection Officer at:
BEIS Data Protection Officer
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
1 Victoria Street
Last updated Tuesday, 16th March 2021