Privacy Statement and Notice
How we use your information
Any personal information you provide to us will only be used by us, our partners and service providers and will not be disclosed to anyone unless we are obliged or permitted to do so by law. Please see our list of partners
For information on personal data please visit the Information Commissioners website at https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organisations/documents/1549/determining_what_is_personal_data_quick_reference_guide.pdf
If you require general information about the Data Protection Act, this is also available on the Information Commissioners website.
What we do with the information we collect
North Warwickshire Borough Council will use your personal data for a limited number of purposes and always within the rules set out in the Data Protection Act 2018. We will process personal data for the following purposes:
- For the reason you provided the information, for example, processing information given on a benefit claim form for the purpose of processing your benefit claim, and to monitor the councils performance in how we respond to your request
- To allow the Council to communicate and provide services that are appropriate to you, for example, so that we can arrange suitable access where someone has mobility difficulties
- To make sure the Council meets its legal obligations
- For the Council’s law enforcement functions, e.g. licensing, planning enforcement, food safety, etc., where we are legally obliged to undertake such processing
- To process financial transactions including grants, payments and benefits involving other government bodies, e.g. Department for Works and Pensions
- Where you have consented to the processing
- To protect individuals from harm or injury
- Where otherwise permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998, for example, prevention or detection of crime
North Warwickshire Borough Council will always try to make sure the personal data it holds about you is correct, however, there may be situations where the information it holds is no longer accurate. If this is the case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that any errors can be investigated and corrected.
The Council will not use your personal data for third party marketing purposes and will not pass on any personal data to partner organisations unless you have given your specific consent to do so, other than to those who process information on the Council’s behalf or where there is a legal requirement. In this situation, we will make sure sufficient steps have been taken to protect your personal data by the organisation who we are working with.
Last updated Tuesday, 8th May 2018