You are here:

Community amateur sports clubs

Rate relief for community amateur sports clubs

Registered community amateur sports clubs (CASCs) can receive 80% rate relief.

To qualify as a CASC, a sports club must:

  • be open to the whole community
  • be run as an amateur club
  • be a non-profit-making organisation
  • aim to provide facilities for, and encourage people to take part in, eligible sport.
If you are a sports club which has not yet registered as a CASC and are interested in the registering, please visit the inland revenue website or call the Inland Revenue Sports Club Unit on 0131 777 4147.   

Last updated Tuesday, 15th September 2015

Was this information useful?

You said, we did