Equality and diversity
Equality Impact Assessments
One way in which North Warwickshire has due regard to the three aims of the Public Sector Equality Duty is by undertaking Equality Impact Assessments (EIAs).
We use EIAs to:
- Stop direct and indirect discrimination from happening now and in the future ,
- Make sure that our services are accessible to everyone in the community
- Help improving the way we treat our customers
- Help with the decisions that we need to make
An EIA looks at policies, projects, services, functions and strategies to see what impact they may have on different equality groups. It also allows us to plan identify any inequality to mitigate against any potentially negative impact.
We use the information collected through equality monitoring and a variety of consultations throughout the year as evidence within the Equality Impact Assessment process. This helps to ensure that we take due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under the Act.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and those who do not share it.
The equality impact assessment and implications are included within our reports to boards where necessary.
Last updated Thursday, 24th January 2019