Parking fines and appeals
Parking Privacy Notice
How we use your information in relation to Car Parking Services
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when North Warwickshire Borough Council (NWBC) collects personal information in relation to your use of NWBC’s Car Parks
Purpose of processing your personal information
NWBC operate off street parking throughout the Borough utilising the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and the North Warwickshire (Off Street Parking Places) Order 2015.
In order to enable NWBC to carry out its duty/obligations it is necessary for us to collect personal information from you to:-
- Monitor car park usage
- Issue Penalty Charge Notices to those that contravene the Order
- Pursue those that ignore Penalty Charge Notices issued
We are not permitted to collect information we do not need to or will not use. Personal data is collected from you by Car Park Enforcement Officers via hand held computer devices. The type of personal information we collect is:-
- Vehicle registration number
Information may also be collected from DVLA. The type of personal information we collect is:-
- Name of registered keeper
If you appeal a car parking fine, we collect the data you submit within your appeal.
The legal basis for processing your information
The processing of your information is necessary for compliance with the legal obligations under various laws including but not limited to:-
- Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
- North Warwickshire (Off Street Parking Places) Order 2015.
We have a statutory duty to provide these services to you and you are therefore expressly consenting to our use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this privacy notice. The consequences of you failing to provide your personal information is that we can no longer comply with our statutory duty.
Who we share your information with
Your personal information will be treated as confidential but it may be shared with third parties. We will only use your information in ways which are permitted by the Data Protection Act 2018.
Those that we share information with are:-
- Government Departments e.g. DVLA
- Contractors providing administration services e.g. IT software
- Enforcement Agents
- Judicial Agencies e.g. Courts, Tribunals
- External Auditors
The Council may also use your information for the purpose of performing any of its statutory enforcement duties. It will make any disclosures required by law and may also share your information with other bodies responsible for detecting/preventing crime.
How long will we keep you information
We will keep you information for as long as it is required by us or other regulatory bodies in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or for other operational reasons. In most cases this will be a minimum of 6 years.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right:
- to request a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records;
- where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing;
- in some circumstances, to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation;
- to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing;
- to complain if we refuse a request you may make using these rights and you are not happy with our reason.
We may refer any request you may make using these rights to another organisation, if they have been involved in processing your personal data.
If you would like to discuss your rights regarding information held by the Council please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01827 715 341.
If you have concerns about the use of your personal data please contact the Information Commissioners Officer via their website https://ico.org.uk or the helpline on 0303 123 1113. The Information Commissioners Officer are an independent body set up to uphold information rights in the UK
Information Commissioners Office
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated July 2018.
Last updated Friday, 6th July 2018