Child protection services
Child protection is everyone's business.
The safety and welfare of children, or child protection, means protecting children from physical, emotional or sexual abuse or neglect.
If you are worried about any child or children and think that they may be a victim of neglect, abuse or cruelty, there are several contacts below. Do not keep this to yourself, don't ignore it, child abuse of any kind is very serious and action must be taken quickly.
For emergency cases please contact the police 999.
Threats to a child's safety are more likely to originate from a family member or a friend of a family than a complete stranger. Around 75 per cent of child sex offenders are related to or known to their victim. The Child Sex Offender Disclosure Scheme has been developed to respond to this.
Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
01926 414144 www.WarwickshireMASH.org.uk
Out of Hours – Emergency 999 or Emergency Duty Team 01926 886922
Warwickshire Safeguarding Children Board
WSCB Development Officer, Saltisford Office Park
NWBC Senior Officer (Simon Powell)
Assistant Director (Leisure and Community Development)
The Council House
NSPCC - 0808 800 5000
Childline - 0800 1111
Government Information for Practitioners: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/what-to-do-if-you're-worried-a-child-is-being-abused--2
- Warwickshire Safeguarding Children's Board Home Page https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/wscb
- Warwickshire Police http://www.warwickshire.police.uk/
- NSPCC home page https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
- Kidscape https://www.kidscape.org.uk/
- Child Sexual Exploitation - https://www.safeguardingwarwickshire.co.uk/safeguarding-children/i-work-with-children-and-young-people/child-sexual-exploitation-cse-missing-trafficking
Last updated Wednesday, 6th February 2019