You are here:

Senior Planning Control Officer

For more information about working at the council please visit the Jobs and Careers section.

To Apply for a position online you need to be Registered or logged in.

  • This vacancy is: Full time
  • Salary: £29,055 - £30,756 per annum, plus Essential User Car Allowance
  • Location: Atherstone, Warwickshire
  • Closing date: Wednesday 20th March 2019
Situated in the heart of the country, North Warwickshire’s rural landscape and rich heritage combine to make it the perfect place in which to live and work. In the context of the Borough’s position adjacent to major Midlands towns and cities and having an extensive green belt, the development control work in North Warwickshire presents exciting and challenging opportunities. We are looking for an experienced Senior Planning Control Officer who can contribute to the varied work of our successful Development Management team.

You will be working in a very busy team dealing in the main with complex and major planning applications as well as representing the Council in planning appeals. A thorough and active knowledge of the full range of planning practice, policy and procedure is thus essential.

Strong communication and organisational skills are essential to this post and the post requires you to hold a full valid driving licence and have access to a vehicle.

We’d love to hear from you if you’re a strong team player who values the variety of work and career-enhancing opportunities provided by a dynamic, small authority. If you are interested and require more information please contact Jeff Brown (Head of Development Control) on 01827 719310 or email

Application forms can be obtained by telephoning (01827) 715341 (24 hour answer service) or by using the links below.

Important information

Please download and read the following information before proceeding with your application:

To Apply for a position online you need to be Registered or logged in.

North Warwickshire is an equal opportunities employer. You may download a paper application if you wish to apply by post, although this process is slower.