Local Land Charges Service
Local Land Charges Information
Please note - Local Land Charges turnaround times to be changed to 10 working days at present.
Personal Searches Suspended - North Warwickshire Borough Council - One Stop Shop (Reception)
As part of North Warwickshire Borough Council’s Contingency Plans regarding Covid19 and given the announcements by Government, we will be suspending access to information in our One Stop Shop (Reception) as per the above from Monday 23 March 2020.
Please email email@example.com with any requests. We aim to provide information via email, although our response times may increase beyond those stated.
If for any reason we have to change these arrangements we will update the Land Charges information on our website https://www.northwarks.gov.uk/info/20029/local_land_charges/1141/local_land_charges_service
Local land charge searches give information held by the Council about a property. They are used by solicitors, buyers and mortgage lenders to reveal important information prior to completion of a property transaction.
The Building Control teams from across six local authorities including North Warwickshire Borough Council joined together to form the Central Building Control partnership. To obtain Building Regulations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Local Land Charges Search is in two parts:
• The LLC1, which is the legal certificate relating to all registerable charges.
• The CON29 (2016) is a standard form, which deals with all enquiries relating to planning, highways and environmental history, which may affect the property/land.
Full local authority search – LLC1 and CON29
- One copy of the following: LLC1, CON29 AND CON 290 as applicable
- One plan showing the boundary of the property / land to be searched against, clearly marked in red. If plans are NOT submitted Local Land Charges reserve the right to return the search.
- An accurate full postal address or plot number of new developments.
- The appropriate fee is required. Please see fees and charges detailed below. This can be paid by credit / debit card by telephoning 01827 715341. Payment can also be made by cheque.
- Searches can also be submitted electronically and all searches will be returned by email.
- We aim to return searches within 5-7 working days.
As an alternative to carrying out an Official Search undertaken by council staff, customers can opt to carry out a personal search of the Local Land Charges register.
Customers can obtain answers to the questions contained in the CON29 form by inspecting official registers and by submitting a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
When booking a personal search of the Land Charges Register we ask for 5 full working days’ notice. Please contact Local Land Charges for an appointment by telephoning 01827 719235.
We need a full postal address and one plan of the property/land. This should be emailed to email@example.com.
We do not allow more than 5 properties to be searched per visit.
Domestic and Commercial Search Fees (effective from 1st April 2021 - inclusive of VAT where applicable).
Type of request and fee
- Official Land Charges Register search (LLC1) - £37.00
- Each additional parcel of land (LLC1) - £3.00
- Con29 Search - £113.00
- Each additional parcel of land – £10.00
- Full Search - £150.00
- Additional questions in isolation - first question £22.00
- Each additional question - £1.20
- Additional questions Con290 No Fee for number 4 - Each additional question - £1.20
- Question 22 Common Land - £15.00
- Question 22 in isolation should be made directly to Warwickshire County Council.
Last updated Thursday, 1st April 2021