HS2 Ground Investigation Surveys - Coleshill
Published on Wednesday, 26th September 2018
Notice of Ground Investigation surveys in the Coleshill area
What are we doing?
Cadent Gas will be carrying out a diversion to an existing pipeline in Coleshill, on land between the M42 and M6.The pipeline supplies the local area and they need to carry out the work to continue to ensure a safe and reliable gas supply during HS2’s construction and ongoing operation.
The work will include:
- Setting up of a temporary compound onland south of Birmingham Road. Signage may be installed on the roadside, at this location, to ensure safe access and exit for vehicles.
- Carrying out surveys including the drilling of boreholes and digging small pits to take samples of the ground to analyse.
Duration of work
The work is planned to take place between 24 September and 31 October 2018
Monday – Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm.
What to expect
- Low levels of noise from equipment.
- Signage maybe installed on the roadside to highlight access to the worksite
- Temporary fencing maybe installed to maintain a safeworking environment
How will this affect you?
The majority of vehicles we will be using will be four wheel drive pick-up trucks, with some machinery being delivered to site using Large Goods Vehicles. We don’t anticipate the level of these traffic movements will have any significant impact on the local road network.
- More articles in the news archive